Thursday 16 April 2009

Life in Switzerland from a Two Year old's perspective

- David Akamine

Dear blog reader,  

My name is David.  I am 2.  I live in Switzerland.  I learn English and Spanish.  I don’t speak French.   My Daddy is Andresito.  He is from Peru.  My Mommy is Angela. She is from U.S.  My old house is in Houston.  My friends live in Houston.  I went on a big plane to come to my new house.  Now I live in Switzerland. 

My Daddy studies at school.  Some days I am a big boy and I go to school with Daddy. I like my school (the IMD Kindergarten).  When Daddy comes home, I tell him about my day.  Sometimes I see his friends.  They are nice.  My friends are in Houston.  They can’t come to my new house.   Mommy’s new friends are fun.  I have new friends.  Our new friends come to our house.  We play and run. 

I like to tell people about my life.  Sometimes my Mommy has to help me so they understand.  I will tell you about Switzerland and Mommy can help me… 



To Daddy: Last night (a day during the Easter break) Mommy was eating with the girls.  I went to my school.  I bang on the door.  “Christelle, it’s David.  Let me in.  I want to come in.  Please, it’s me, David.  I want to come.” Mommy found me.  Mommy told me they were not there.  I have to wait ‘til after Easter...  

To one of the MBA students who asked him how he was: I fell at school and I had to go to the hospital.  I got an ‘owie’.  I had three stitches.  The Doctor gave me a card (a certificate).  I have to put cream on my eye to make it better.  It hurts sometimes.  Now it is better. 

To one of the partners: Last night Walid (an MBA student) took me to school.  We had breakfast.  I am Mr. Chocolate.  Walid gave me chocolate milk and chocolate croissant.  . . . Mommy, Is it Sunday?  I can have chocolate milk on Sunday, can’t I? 

At the check-out counter at Migros: Mommy, when I am big, I can have the candy.   

To some of the partners who were babysitting him: The curtains came from Germany.  I went skiing.  I am a good skier.  My Tio(uncle) Shige lives in Germany.  There is a playground at his house.  I can play at his park.   

To Aunt Crystal in the U.S.: My mommy goes to school some days.  She learns French.  Some days the girls (the other partners) come play with me.  Judy made me birds.  We have fun.  Sometimes I go play with them at school. . . . Mommy, where are my books from Kelly?  Some days I go with Miss Marianne to see the girls.  We have birthday parties. 

To Daddy, after our Easter-egg decorating morning with the partners: There were plastic eggs filled with carrots, peanuts and strawberries and we had an egg hunt for the two kids: Daddy, look what we made.  The girls came.  We made eggs.  I colored this one.  Mommy, what’s her name, who helped me? . . Natalie.  Natalie colored it for David and Daddy.  It has your name.  We look for eggs.  My chocolate melted.  The eggs had peanuts in them. I ate all the carrots. Nikos and David find the eggs.  We played bubbles.  We ran. 

To Daddy, after our outing to the Tulip Festival: Daddy, today we went out with the girls.  I play with Nikos.  We went on the boat.  We went to see the tulips.  There were red and yellow tulips.  They were big.  I had ice cream.  I share with Styopa.  I share my car with Styopa.  I was a good boy.  I didn’t cry.  I play with the girls and I was obedient.  I threwed big rock into the water.  It made a big splash.   
 

I like my new home and my new friends.    
 

Good-bye, Blog Reader!

1 comments:

élodie said...

I loved reading your post David! So cute and feels so honest ;)
You should write in the MBA diary too!
Cheers,
Elodie

Post a Comment