Wednesday 25 March 2009

Why I come to Lausanne...

- Kim Jung Hyun

I am Kim Jung Hyun, also known as Judy to my friends. I am married to Kim Young Ha and we are from Korea. I worked in Korea as a research engineer for LG.

Young Ha and I were married at the end of 2007; and he received news of his acceptance from IMD in April 2008.

From then on, it was a diffcult period for us, as we had to think about whether I should come to Lausanne or not. For 6 months, my husband and I considered and discussed about this and eventually, the decision was to come to Lausanne together.

I knew that I would have to give up many things in my life, including my job and my career, but for me, the reasons I need to move to Lausanne were bigger than these. There were several reasons, but the main reason is that I love Young Ha a lot and I'd like to take time out from work and spend more time with him in Lausanne. I'm thinking that if I didn't come here, maybe Young Ha and I would have a difficult relationship with each other.


However, I don't want to say that I sacrificed for my husband, because that will not help our relationship; also, because I came here partly for myself - I would like to take a rest and feel that this can be good time to think about what I really like and what I really want out of life.

I quit my job and I came. Right now I'm enjoying my life in Lausanne and supporting my husband as he works hard at IMD. I am also taking French lessons and meeting new friends.

I stayed in the US when I was in university student for studying English. And now, when I remember that time, I smile at the memories. I believe that I can smile too, when I look back at my life in Lausanne when I'm 40 and 50 years old.

0 comments:

Post a Comment