Thursday 6 August 2009

Experiences of a working partner

- Liubov Pochivalova


For my entry in the partners’ diary, I’d like to share the experience of a full-time working partner.

When my husband, Slava, shared the great news about his admission to the program with me, we were very happy. I started to make my plans on all the activities I’d like to do during this year. I wanted to be 100% involved in all social events and not miss a thing.

However, it appeared to be quite difficult. I am working full time in Geneva and it is completely exhausting to work all day and commute by public transport, so quite often in the evenings and on weekends, I don’t have energy to enjoy the events completely. And there are so many nice trips around the area organized by other girls during the day time on working days.

Nevertheless, it is still very exciting to meet so many interesting people. International exposure is unique: we, partners, represent at least 10 different nationalities. And people are eager to share their cultural traits. For example, on 22 June 2009, we were watching an Indian movie : « Monsoon Wedding>>. Swati and her husband Prashant from India were explaining to us the unique features of Indian traditions. We had fun and also learned something new and very interesting.

I believe we have more interesting parts coming up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment